Strategic Sourcing Manager- Electromechanical
Peloton, NY HQ
High-energy group fitness in your living room
At Peloton, Strategic Sourcing Managers collaborate with Engineering teams to ensure we have a high quality, cost-effective supply base that is able to also deliver components to meet our production demand. As a Sourcing Manager, you will serve as the primary contact for internal teams and external partners/suppliers for sourcing and procurement. You'll identify key electromechanical components, identify potential suppliers and build consensus cross-functionally to qualify those suppliers. You'll lead and support the development, implementation, and management of global strategies to provide Peloton with optimal flexibility, quality, and supply assurance. Working closely with Product Management, Hardware/ Software Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality Engineering, and Operations teams, you will manage and maintain long-term supplier relationships.
- Identify opportunities for increased competitive bidding, smarter supplier relationships and more efficient processes. Collaborate with teams across the globe to speed up innovation.
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape relative to motors, sensors, power adapters and other electromechanical commodities.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology
- Manage robust supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise request for proposals (RFPs), data driven approach and should cost modeling.
- Help drive quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up and execute to project timelines/schedules
- Support supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 7+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment
- 7+ years of direct experience in supplier/supply chain management
- Knowledge and sourcing experience related to high end fitness equipment
- Knowledge of basic supply agreement construction; understanding of key contracting provisions/requirements
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Client Support Specialist, CSA Japan
Yext, Tokyo, Japan
Sales Advisor (Part-Time), Downtown Westfield
Warby Parker, Westfield, NJ
Chef de Projet
C3, Paris, France
Join our Talent Network
Intersection, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Secaucus
Full-Stack Software Engineer
Devoted Health, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Growth Engineer
Getaround, San Francisco