We are seeking a Network Engineer to join our team. You will be a member of our Global Infrastructure Team responsible for ensuring a highly-available network infrastructure to enable Peloton’s growing global presence. This includes architecting, defining standards, implementing, maintaining and supporting our wired and wireless data network, voice systems, core switches, routers, firewalls, physical security devices, CDN services and VPN. You will also partner with our Information Security team to implement, maintain and support security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with the best-in-class security services.
- Establishes global corporate networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting and enforcing system standards.
- Manages relationships and activities with key network equipment/software suppliers and professional services teams.
- Maximizes and ensures stable network performance through monitoring and proactive maintenance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; network optimization, performance management and capacity planning.
- Uptime and monitoring of all corporate network infrastructure and circuits Internationally
- Reports on network operational status by collecting, analyzing, prioritizing and formatting information as appropriate for the intended audience
- Secures the network infrastructure by partnering with the Information Security team to establish and enforce policies; define and monitor access
- Manages network upgrade, expansion and new implementation projects
- Evaluates partner solution portfolio roadmaps and new technologies for potential deployment across Peloton’s entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, and offices globally.
- Provides troubleshooting guidance and training for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support
- Provides 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Support
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, et cetera.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, and Palo Alto a must.
- 8 years of experience as a Network Engineer with 4+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on operations support, design, and implementation
- Combined experience should include some portion of below:
- 4+ years network architecture design and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 3+ years network design or administration involving cloud infrastructure [AWS, Azure, Google, etc.]
- 2+ year experience with *nix systems and general use
- 4+ years scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- 3+ years hands-on experience with network engineering
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and approach technical problems with creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of internet working designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks & security
- Routing & Switching architecture, design of large scale networks
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter – full stack – (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Multiple successful implementations of (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers and switches, VPN connections, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Lightweight Wireless Access Points, and Meraki.
- Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods.
- Knowledge of project life cycle management
- Network device installation and testing
- Virtualization technologies
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks
- High availability network design and technology
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Must have knowledge of networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies and Web caching services (proxy server) and 802.1x.
- Additional areas of expertise in areas such as VoIP and Call Center management are desired
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.