People Business Partner, Retail and Field (CA)
Peloton, Los Angeles, CA
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton’s People Business Partner, Field and Retail, enables Peloton’s team to achieve best in class results through the development and effective implementation of a broad range of programs and processes. This includes onboarding, developing high performing team members, mitigating employee relations matters, driving employee engagement, and collaborating with our Training and Development Team to ensure executional excellence, acting as key business partner for all Retail and Field Operations teams. We are looking for an experienced multi-jurisdiction generalist that will be responsible for the People function at our 25+ retail and warehouse locations around the county. This position will be based out of Los Angeles, CA, overseeing Peloton's West Coast Retail and Field Ops locations
- 6+ years of experience in generalist Human Resources management preferably within the hospitality or retail industry
- Required proficiency, knowledge, and experience in all HR processes: selection & employment (sourcing strategies, interviewing skills, Employment laws, on-boarding), employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, workers compensation, and talent management
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations
- Ability to travel 50-75% depending on company needs
- Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across organizational lines
- Experience in coaching and providing training for business partners and managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including leadership, influencing, and relationship-building across functions
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Knowledge of and experience with HR systems (ATS, HRIS, Performance Management)
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience and knowledge with OSHA requirements and compliance practices
- Execute the operations and administration of the Human Resources function across Peloton’s Retail and Warehouse locations
- Support, coach, and develop warehouse and retail teams.
- Work closely with both retail and warehouse managers and directors to indirectly manage and develop all levels of teams to achieve location- based human resource initiatives.
- Develop and administer policies and programs which allows employees to maximize their contribution to their team
- Coordinate/implement training initiatives in partnership with the Training department and regional Field HR Directors
- Drive standards of excellence in coaching, leadership and development
- Help develop field level management skills in recruiting, hiring, and performance management
- Ensure compliance regarding all employment practices: selection processes, I-9 reporting, e-verify, record keeping, EEOC compliance & reporting, and file management
- Support benefits administration, open enrollment, monthly reconciliation and maintenance initiatives for all associates at assigned locations
- Assist in introducing and explaining new or revised HR policies and/or systems; new State or Federal laws and new or revised procedures.
- Ability to travel 50-75% depending on company needs
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.