Senior Frontend Engineer- Web Acquisition
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
We are looking for experienced Frontend Engineers to join our growing web team who are passionate about crafting exceptional user experiences on top of a clean, scalable, performant, and robust architecture, adhering to best practices within the larger web community.
The position requires that you put users first, are self-motivated, a team player, and have strong attention to detail.
In This Role, You Will:
Work on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with Product and Design to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive, and user-friendly interfaces for www.onepeloton.com.
Develop, test, build, ship and monitor flexible e-commerce solutions, integrated with our platform and third-party partners, to showcase and sell our physical and digital products.
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- 8+ years of Web Development experience.
- An expert understanding of industry best practices and web standards.
- Proven ability to write clean code.
- Experience architecting, building, and scaling complex web applications.
- Experience in mentoring team members and leading small teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- An agile mindset and embraces iterative design.
- Background building single-page applications.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Initiative to solve problems.
- Curiosity and continuously expands their skill set.
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD).
- Experience with Webpack and other build tools.
- Experience delivering products collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, and Product Management.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Prior experience or exposure to Typescript.
- Pair programming experience.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- Worked in a Test Driven Development (TDD) environment before.
- Experience working within e-commerce and have worked with third-party payment. gateways.
- Familiarity with functional programming.
- Experience working with GraphQL.
- Familiarity with accessibility best practices.
- Experience with internationalization and localization.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Customer Experience Operational Strategy
DraftKings, Boston, MA