Lead Controls and Maintenance Engineer
Peloton, Carteret, New Jersey
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Lead Controls and Maintenance Engineer works in a cross-functional warehouse/manufacturing environment (engineering, manufacturing, and quality) with the responsibility of leading assembly system controls and maintenance activities of Peloton’s world class products. This job is based in Carteret, NJ.
The Lead Controls and Maintenance Engineer works closely with the production manager, assembly technicians, engineering, manufacturing, and quality teams to build Peloton’s world-class products.
- Drive safety, and productivity to ensure assembly objectives are met through by ensuring maximum system uptime
- Provide hands-on system Controls and maintenance leadership in building/supporting a scalable and repeatable automation platform in final assembly
- Provide technical expertise in PLC, HMI, networking, fluid power, and electrical motor control, and mechanical systems
- Hands-on, maintain, troubleshoot and modify PLC logic for assembly systems including, but not limited to PLC/PC Controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, Profibus, ProfiNet, As-i, motor control systems (LIM, LSM, VFD), Servo drives, remote I/O, vision systems, HMI and electrical distribution systems
- Lead on-site and remote support of control systems for assembly equipment, material handling equipment, providing troubleshooting, design/implementation/document control solutions, act as a liaison for internal and external resources
- Provide proper training, administration, oversight, and support to team members on system issue troubleshooting/resolution and preventive maintenance task
- Coordinate Automation and Controls vendors on a variety of issues and manage/coordinate vendor activities for equipment upgrades and optimization projects upgrades/hotfixes/controls programming issue resolutions
- Develop maintenance SOPs, including Lockout/Tagout, MSDS, and PPE strategy
- Develop and maintain controls and maintenance documentation (e.g. Programs, Software, Specifications, Drawings, Schematics, PFMEA, PM task, Lockout/Tagout, etc.)
- Utilize AutoCad Electrical for review, modifications, and design changes to controls systems
- Drive System Controls and Maintenance KPI’s
- Develop Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Preventive Maintenance (PM) on all equipment per the manufacturer's specifications; Minimize MTTR, Increase MTBF
- Monitor ANDON occurrences. Be the first responder
- Support FPY/FTQ, inventory, cost, scrap, supply, and expense targets
- Develop comprehensive PM schedules, task and lead implementation, sustainment
- Ability to work OT, and any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Support adherence to detailed assembly instructions, processes, policies and procedures
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Peloton Manufacturing & Quality Management System and Peloton Employee Handbook
- Wear required safety equipment and use protective guards and equipment
- Ensure compliance to all local and national occupational safety standards while performing task
- Prepare, present program status and updates to Peloton leadership
- Other tasks as assigned by management
- AA/BA Degree (EE, ME) or equivalent experience (5+ years), Masters degree preferred
- Consumer hardware assembly system experience (preferred)
- Hands-on Expertise with control systems & maintenance activities
- Working experience in PLC based controls design, development, implementation and support
- Subject matter expert in automation, AGV’s, robotics, PLC’s (AB/Siemens), HMI’s, networking, IT, Mechatronics, etc.
- Experience with 3-phase electrical systems, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Lubrication, Water
- Expertise with HMI systems, Industrial Networks, VFD’s, Servo Controllers, etc.
- Expertise with Industrial control systems, both hardware and software
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and modify program HMI components
- Expertise with component, assembly, schematics, engineering drawings
- Knowledge of IoT, predictive maintenance, etc.
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes, machining, injection molding, welding, etc.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Knowledge of MSDS, OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, etc.
- Knowledge of Excel, MS Project, SmartSheets, JIRA, Confluence, Netsuite
- This position requires domestic travel. Candidate must be willing to travel 10% or more as needed
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.