The Peloton Prototype Shop is where the future versions of our fitness products are created. The Shop Manager is responsible for building prototypes for our product design teams and for maintaining a safe and efficient work environment. Our prototype shop provides mechanical ‘works-like’ prototypes as well as cosmetic ‘looks-like’ models and contains a range of machining and model making equipment. In this role you will run these machines and maintain the shop space including ordering consumables, performing machine maintenance and organizing the space. This role collaborates closely with our Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineering teams to plan and deliver outstanding mockups, prototypes, and proof-of-concept models that fuel our product development cycles.
- Build product prototypes for our Bike, Tread, Tablet and Accessory products as an integral part of our product development team
- Manage and schedule jobs across the different equipment available in the shop
- Manage an assistant machinist and/or model maker
- Schedule or perform preventive maintenance and general upkeep on our prototyping equipment
- Stock and budget for materials and consumables used in the shop space
- Package and ship prototypes to ensure safe delivery
- Supervise any work in the shop assuring appropriate training and safety measures
- Associates degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred), with a concentration in Engineering, Industrial Design, Model Making, or Fine Arts
- 7+ years CNC Mill and CNC Lathe experience
- 5+ year experience managing and maintaining a prototype or production shop
- Experience with cosmetic model making, painting and finishing
- Experience with 3D printing and rapid prototyping
- Experience with general shop tools, drill press, bandsaw, chop saw
- Prior experience with consumer products is a strong plus
- Shop safety certification (OSHA and/or C-14 Certificate of Fitness)
- Great organizational skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and independent
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.