Senior Software Engineer
Peloton Systems Engineering team is looking for senior engineer with expertise in Android Platform, Linux kernel development and debugging. In this position, you will be part of the team that will work with ODM vendor development and QA team, Peloton QA teams to help triage issues that range from Android platform to Linux kernel OS level issues.
The successful candidate should have deep technical skills in software engineering; experience in modifying aspects of various Android framework/service modules, deep understanding debugging Linux kernel. The candidate should be passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
- Enjoys writing elegant, maintainable, and readable code
- Believe in technical design and code reviews are critical parts of the software development process
- Enjoys debugging issues that are not in their core area of expertise and open for working with remote teams to help debug and triage issues
- File issues with the ODM vendor, follows up on issues and work closely with R&D teams internally to drive solutions.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field with 6+ years’ experience developing and shipping software solutions in Android/Embedded linux.
- In depth understanding of Android framework / platform / OS.
- Experience in Android platform tools and AOSP Android N, O is plus
- Must have excellent debugging skills, understanding logs, crash debugging
- Technologies – Java, C, C++, Git & Gerrit
- Methodologies – Scrum, Agile
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.