Program Director, Employee Relations & Policy
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Peloton team is looking for a Program Director, Employee Relations and Policy with a demonstrated passion for building and sustaining positive, engaged work environments for associates and leaders. The successful candidate will have significant employee and labor relations subject matter expertise and proven success as a leader of people. The person in this role will develop and implement workplace policies, programs and enhancements to increase employee engagement and ensure compliance. This role will be responsible for supporting and partnering with line managers and stakeholders by providing high level advice and guidance to ensure all risk to the business is understood and mitigated with regards to people management, policy and decision making. A successful candidate will promote a positive Employee Relations environment, developing and coaching stakeholders in delivering a legally compliant and consistent best practice approach to create and sustain our high-performing, associate-centric culture.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Utilize employee and labor relations expertise to identify issues, highlight and mitigate risk. High judgment development and execution of ER strategies and ER programs for the business. Assess and ensure all polices are compliant with federal, state and local requirements.
- Crisis Management: The individual also will work reactively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Assessing and calibrating responses to varying situations, using sound judgment in decision making. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component of the role.
- Project Management: Independently own large scale, network-wide projects for the ER program that improve the associate experience at the network level. Lead and drive teams through influence and partnership to deliver results and execute project deliverables including the drafting, modification and implementation of company-wide policies.
- Data Analysis and Impact Measurement: Demonstrated ability to utilize data for decision-making. Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with data, communicating findings and developing success measurements of programs and projects.
- Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge current practices and think outside the box to generate creative ways to scale ER and People programs and develop innovative ER solutions that meet timelines and deliverables, while creating best place to work.
- Communication: Create and own written communications to business and People leaders and stakeholders on all ER and Policy related matters.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations, Legal and People leaders as well as other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback, support and necessary resources to develop and execute ER strategies and programs.
- Problem Solver: Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
- Travel: This is a position that requires travel domestically and international; up to 30% of the time.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field required.
- Employee and labor relations subject matter expertise.
- Experience in both union and non-union environments.
- Foundational understanding of labor and employment laws.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.