Product Manager, Member Experience
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
We are seeking a Product Manager to work with our growing engineering team and stakeholders across the organization to move forward initiatives related to recurring billing, reimbursement, and hardware warranties.
Peloton's Member Experience (ME) team is responsible for:
- Ensuring a seamless, on-brand experience throughout the end-to-end member journey
- Deploying tailored engagement and retention efforts to drive usage and minimize churn
- Providing personalized and elevated support for our members whenever they need assistance
Our Members are at the core of everything we do - from inspiring new content and product features to helping to tell the Peloton story around the world - and the Member Experience software team builds the software necessary to support their needs.
The ideal candidate has:
- Product Management experience – significant work experience working directly with agile software engineering teams to build and deliver high-quality software;
- Education – formal (e.g. college or bootcamp coursework) or informal study (e.g. workshops or independent research) in how to develop scalable software by building self-organizing and continuously-improving problem-solving teams;
- Analytical approach – an eagerness to use both instinct and data analysis (e.g. writing SQL including joining data across tables) to make decisions;
- Communication skills – experience listening to and working with people from different professional disciplines and across the company’s various levels;
- Vision – a point-of-view on how people use software to accomplish their goals, and how this may change in the future;
- Thinking out of the box – a penchant for identifying unusual and unexpected edge cases in spaces like recurring billing and warranty claims;
- Stakeholder-centric problem solving – Passion for working with business teams (Retention Marketing, Member Support, and Supply Chain) to understand and solve their problems using software;
- Ecommerce / Direct-to-Consumer experience – Familiarity with how modern brands use ecommerce, recurring payments, and community engagement to interact with their Members.
As part of your application, please tell us about a problem that impacts your community (does not have to be related to software) and how you propose to solve that problem. Please keep responses to 100 words or fewer.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of over 1.4 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. We make fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage our Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovation company at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provides a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere, through iOS and Android as well as most tablets and computers.
Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Learn more at onepeloton.com.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.