Manufacturing Shop Technician
Peloton, Secaucus, New Jersey
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Peloton Machine Shop is where the future versions of our fitness products are created and tested. The Manufacturing Shop Technician is responsible for assisting the Shop Machinist with building prototypes for our product design, manufacturing, and quality teams. Our shop contains a range of machining and forming equipment in order to produce highly precise and functional “proof-of-concept” models. In this role, you will be supporting the set up and operation of these machines, in addition to maintaining the shop space including ordering consumables, performing machine maintenance and organizing the space. This role collaborates closely with our Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering teams to develop custom fixtures and parts that will be used for process improvement initiatives and future product development. This job is based in Secaucus, NJ.
- Work closely with the Shop Machinist to properly setup the equipment for fabrication
- Work closely with the Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering teams to assemble and evaluate functional prototypes of fixtures and parts
- Perform some fabrication and finishing processes (welding, grinding, polishing, etc)
- Assist with preventive equipment maintenance and calibration, in addition to general upkeep on our equipment
- Arrange for delivery and shipment of prototype units
- Track and purchase stock for materials and consumables used in the shop space
- Keep all tools, machinery, tooling, and accessories clean, orderly, and safe
- Ensure adherence to machine shop best safety practices
- 3+ years experience working in a lab, prototyping, or machine shop space
- Professional Welding Certification from an accredited program is a plus
- Experience with general shop tools, drill press, band saw, grinders, hand tools
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems
- Understanding of blueprint readings, tolerancing, assembly drawings, and all associated measurement equipment
- Great organizational skills
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, PPE, Lockout/Tagout
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Must have basic computer proficiency using Microsoft Office or similar products (Google Docs)
- Ability to be self-motivated and independent
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one