Senior Database Reliability Engineer
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is seeking a Senior Database Reliability Engineer to help build and improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure.
As a member of the Database Reliability Engineering team, you will work on scaling our systems, building automation, and helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience. You will have the unique role of sitting at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system and work across multiple teams on problems related to datastore and application performance challenges.
- Own database reliability, automation and performance as we grow our platform.
- Provide architectural and hands on assistance with scaling and improving our ORM.
- Write and review code, create and maintain documentation
- Provide insight and analysis into the behavior of databases and caching infrastructure.
- Manage and evolve observability tools and documentation used by engineers.
- Use your expertise to assist other engineering groups with queries, schema design, application architecture, and traffic pattern planning.
- Build and contribute to tooling where the developer experience touches databases.
- Triage problems across the stack to help address production issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, and act as an escalation point for engineers when production issues related to datastores occur.
- Experience running relational databases in large production environments (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Strong design skills in database schema and systems architecture.
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Strong understanding of SQL in the context of application performance and how to guide engineers to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems.
- Experience in a config management systems like chef, puppet, Ansible, or terraform.
- Experience managing and scaling caching layers such as Memcached.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
The project management platform built for software development teams