Injection Molding Manufacturing/Tooling Engineer-Taichung, Taiwan (30% Travel)
Peloton, Taichung, Taiwan (30% travel)
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Tooling Engineer – Manufacturing Execution Team (Taiwan/Asia Region)
*** This position is primarily located in Taichung, Taiwan, also requires travel internationally. Candidates must be willing to travel 30% or more as needed by the business. ***
The Tooling Engineer is responsible for optimizing the tooling development from tooling design to production sustaining with ODMs(Original Design Manufacturer) and CMs (Contract Manufacturers) with consideration in both throughput and quality, while also advice on optimizing part & assembly design for manufacturing (DFM) with internal design and engineering team. The involved manufacturing processes are including but not limited to - plastic injection molding, sheet metal forming and welding, die casting, CNC machining, complex assembly & testing, surface finishing for both plastic and metal.
In order to support quality delivery of the product, the Tooling Engineer will also draft tooling supplier requirement and maintenance plan based on product demand and design requirement, collect tooling information for asset database, participate mold trial activities, and conduct supplier capability audits for tooling quality, fabrication process control, development technical support, and production maintenance and record keeping.
For long term company growth, the Tooling Engineer should also contribute to the building of simulation model for mold and part costs, knowledge library for advanced material and fabrication, and tooling input for product design requirement.
The Tooling Engineer will also provide day-to-day technical support for internal teams and CMs/ODMsc, including engineering changes implementation on tooling, part availability tracking and schedule discussion, cost reduction and continuous improvement in both quality and takt time, hands-on implementation of the improvements on the manufacturing floor.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to ensure robust DFM/DFA, providing expertise in material & process selection, tooling design and material requirement, process audit and tooling qualification plan
- Participate in early development phase vendor capability evaluation, technical discussion of part fabrication, manufacturing process required to meet cosmetic and functional requirement
- Ensures tooling efficiency (cost/quality) and performs cost estimate with supporting evidence for Capital Expenditure planning and management approval
- Tooling design (drawing) validation, including continuous supplier/tool maker discussion and CAE simulation to trouble-shoot
- Collaborate with Quality team to define part requirement in inspection and technical support for PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
- Work with ODMs and CMs to provide engineering support in problem solving and root cause analysis that are tooling related, then understand and refine technical requirements for products and processes for future and on-going productions
- Creates and manages tooling maintenance requirements at vendor site. Conduct tooling audits to confirm quality of maintenance as needed
- Partners with Peloton Supply Chain to identify, analyze, and qualify new suppliers.
- Analyzes factory capacity and capability through conducting supplier audit on site, work with supplier to recommend equipment purchases, performs financial payback analysis, and submits Capital Expenditure requests to management
- Researches and recommends new applications for existing materials, products, and processes to provide revenue growth opportunities for Peloton
- Voice of Peloton manufacturing on cross-functional teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree in an Engineering discipline is required. Mechanical or Manufacturing is preferred.
- 5 or more years Engineering experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment is required (NPI to volume MFG stage)
- Knowledge of production process design, jig & fixture design, key dimension control, material knowledge for different application and testing requirement
- Experience in fabrication processes - Injection molding, CNC machining, complex assembly, welding, sheet metal processing, die casting, surface finishing for both metal and plastics, post fabrication processes like heat treating, plating, anodizing etc
- Microsoft Office applications, CAD (SolidWorks preferred)/CAE(Audodesk Moldflow)
- Interpret engineering drawings, tolerances, GD&T
- Value-Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Kaizen, Lean, 5S, Statistical Process Control
This position is primarily located in Taichung, Taiwan, also requires travel internationally. Candidates must be willing to travel 30% or more as needed by the business.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
File hosting service