Frontend Engineer, E-commerce (UK)
Peloton, London, UK
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Our e-commerce engineering team builds software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio.
We are looking for motivated and proactive engineering leads with a strong technical background, proven leadership skills, a love for working with people, and a track record of delivering high-quality software.
In this role you will...
Work on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with Product and Design to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, responsive, and user-friendly interfaces for www.onepeloton.co.uk.
Develop, test, build, ship and monitor flexible e-commerce solutions, integrated with our platform and third-party partners, to showcase and sell our physical and digital products.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and task breakdown.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, promoting simplicity and working software.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Promote constant refactoring, pair programming, iterative development, and other industry best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process.
- Work closely with our U.S. engineering team to establish standards across teams, and advocate for first-class internationalized solutions.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, and Project becoming a domain expert in acquisition and e-commerce at Peloton.
- ~5 or more years of software development experience in development.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- A love for clean, elegant code.
- Proficiency in at least one UI framework like React (preferred), Vue, or similar
- Expert understanding of industry best practices and web standards
- Strong understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Strong understanding of testing and CI/CD.
- Solid understanding of functional programming design principles.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change.
- Expert understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
Bonus points if you...
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience with backend technologies.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.