We are looking for several Staff Accountants to help manage and support our Accounting & Finance department. The ideal candidate will have experience working within both SaaS and Retail business models, have excellent business acumen, and will be a natural numbers wizard who is able to effectively leverage software tools such as Excel to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of their processes. In addition, the candidate has strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of Peloton’s multifaceted business.
- Assist in month-end close process and other assigned department related tasks, as necessary
- Ensure data integrity for assigned accounts including understanding of required upstream internal controls over financial reporting
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner
- Assist in the calculation, presentation and communication of company wide KPI’s
- Assist in the development of SOX compliant documentation of internal controls
- Assist with external audit requests
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Treasury, IT, Marketing, and Supply Chain
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation
Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analysis, as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance Active CPA highly preferred
- Active CPA or CPA eligible highly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 1- 2 year(s) of relevant Accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various level in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets)
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, CoStar, Blackline and Workiva is preferred
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
File hosting service