Safety Manager, Field Operations
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Safety Manager, Field Operations
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Provide expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health and safety (EHS), risk management, and workers compensation management across the Field Operations business unit. Assist the operations to maintain compliance with all applicable EHS requirements. Aid business units in actions to eliminate worker injuries, vehicle accidents and associated costs. Work closely with the Director of EHS on all safety related topics.
- Oversee Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives for all warehouses
- Manage the SDS/Hazard Communication program
- Manage and perform the planning, training, inspection, reporting and recordkeeping requirements for all safety compliance programs
- Lead training efforts for EHS related activities throughout the enterprise
- Manage the preparation and submittal of safety-related agency regulatory reports
- Provide engaging health and safety leadership to the facility employees
- Lead Executive, Regional, and Employee Safety Committees
- Develop and support strategic initiatives designed to produce best in class EHS performance
- Act as the facility and regional champion for the Zero Incidents initiatives
- Lead the tracking and assessment of safety requirements and metrics
- Advise business group leadership teams on strategy deployment progress and challenges
- Train and Assist site managers, supervisors and employees in the development and implementation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Conduct audits to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results and compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct and document annual compliance inspections.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis of all worksite activities and lead actions for controls and countermeasures.
- Leads safety observation efforts across Field Operations
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment and procedures. Train and demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Investigate incidents (including injuries, property damage, near misses, releases, and losses) to determine root cause and prepare/direct corrective action plans.
- Acts as regional champion for implementation of risk reduction controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and fleet management procedures
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills, and the ability to troubleshoot problems and think on your feet
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA and local regulations
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations and industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams and individuals across multiple functions within the organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; able to train/present to an executive level audience
- CSP, CSHO, or equivalent Safety Certification
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Memphis, TN