Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Test Infrastructure team develops and maintains high quality automated testing platforms across Engineering. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Test Infrastructure team, you’ll drive the technical direction for the tools and testing patterns essential for our engineering teams across disciplines and across the stack, and be an evangelist for best testing practices. You will evaluate technical tradeoffs and push for the best user experience to confidently test & release application code multiple times a day.
- Propose and design larger scope architectural changes which would help significantly scale our applications, both internal and end-user facing, for the long term.
- Design the process and tools needed for teams across engineering disciplines to confidently test splitting our backend monolith into services.
- Build and improve libraries and tooling in areas such as Performance Testing, Functional Testing, Contract Testing, Regression Testing, and Data Anonymization pipelines.
- Lead the engineering efforts to develop and maintain services to automatically orchestrate the load test infrastructure.
- Evangelize best practices in performance and scalability engineering, participate in architecture design reviews.
- Experience scaling large scale web applications. Solid understanding of request processing, caching, queuing, data storage, partitioning, and replication.
- Proficient in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Kotlin, Java, Scala), and ability to discuss trade-offs of a few programming languages.
- Experience with tools we use including Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Docker, Jenkins, Gatling, Pact, AWS
- Self directed and detail oriented with ability to come up with thorough analysis of production issues and design proposals.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent years of work experience.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!