Senior Engineering Manager Multimedia
Peloton, Santa Clara, CA United States
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager for our Multimedia and New Technology Initiatives team. This team is helping build products that empower our customers to be the very best version of themselves, anywhere, anytime. The Multimedia & New Technology Initiatives team is responsible for driving the next generation Audio and Camera architectures across a multi-disciplinary team, including BSP, Hardware and Product Development. The team is responsible for implementation and actual delivery of the final product experience, while working cross functionally to drive trade-offs in technologies, customer experiences, cost, features, and other product parameters.
The candidate should have a proven track record of leading teams through developing complex hardware technology and working through ambiguity. This candidate should also have a deep understanding of the phases of hardware development and how best to organize, develop and orchestrate a project end to end.
- You will be an essential part of new product development engineering efforts, with a focus on Audio and Video technologies.
- Manage a team of talented engineers and will be responsible for new features and system architecture for the next generation of devices.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and understand specifications and workflows to help establish software processes and deliver high-quality products on time.
- Lead engineering team through designing, implementation and testing of our next generation multimedia architecture for Android based systems across various SoC platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
- Extensive experience and understanding of android multimedia (camera and audio) architecture across the whole hardware and software stack.
- Program management background, and will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects.
- Well-rounded technical understanding of systems engineering and architecture of consumer electronic products.
- Strong development and debugging skills with the ability to be hands on as needed
- Proven track record of leading teams through developing complex hardware technology and working through ambiguity.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Comprehends and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
Good to Have
- 7+ years of experience in managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management.
- 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 10+ years of experience with Linux, Android, open-source software, or mobile SoCs.
- Experience shipping consumer products.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.