Associate Commercial Counsel
Peloton, New York, NY or Plano, TX
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is looking for a driven, dynamic attorney to join our growing legal team. The person in this role will assist Peloton’s senior attorneys in supporting internal clients across all geographies and teams. This position will require a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its suppliers, partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of our business objectives.
This role can be based out of our NYC HQ or our Plano HQ.
- Negotiate and manage a wide variety of commercial contracts, as well as report to senior attorneys on supply chain, logistics, commercial sales, and e-commerce matters
- Assist in the administration of Peloton’s legal technology solutions for intaking, assigning, and managing commercial agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other legal requests from our internal clients
- Develop and refine standardized template agreements to address the evolving needs of a growing organization
- Demonstrate a keen ability to issue spot sensitive legal and business concerns, including a strong sense of when to escalate (and not escalate) such matters to internal partners
- Work closely with internal clients from all business units to support their objectives and advise on legal risks and opportunities related to their strategy
- 2-3 years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house practice; a focus on commercial transactional or intellectual property advisory practice is strongly preferred
- Competency in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts; strong working background in supply chain agreements, enterprise software/SaaS agreements, transportation/logistics agreements, and manufacturer agreements is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Team-oriented, consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse constituencies, building bridges and designing “win-win” solutions across a rapidly changing organization
- Must be able to work independently and remotely with Peloton team members throughout the U.S. and globally
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large) and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- Member in good standing of the NY, TX, CA, or comparable State Bar
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.