As the Senior Inventory Accountant, you will play a critical role in accounting and managing various elements of Peloton’s Inventory and Cost of Goods Sold. You possess an in-depth knowledge of applicable cost accounting concepts, operations finance, US GAAP financial statements and experience working with external auditors to maintain and establish internal controls. While you’re data driven and system-savvy, you also demonstrate strong cross-functional collaboration, communication, and analytical skills to influence decision making in planning and execution of strategic initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Perform monthly close for inventory functions. Ensure timely and accurate preparation and review of reserves and accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis, management reports, and other financial analysis as required
- Play a hands-on role in the day-to-day inventory accounting operations and work closely with cross-functional groups to develop and maintain processes, procedures and policies
- Prepare, consolidate, review and present inventory valuation analyses on a monthly basis to finance and functional leadership teams
- Partner with logistics and FP&A to provide insights of cost drivers, risks and accounting guidance
- Coordinate and monitor physical inventory count process across distribution centers and retail showrooms, reconcile results against financial system and investigate discrepancies
- Identify, perform and drive process improvement opportunities in the month end close process
- Identify financial accounting risks and recommend mitigation steps and controls
- Support annual audits by the external auditors, assist in internal control documentation, audit and lead schedules
- Act as key finance partner and leader in design and implementation of the company’s inventory management ERP system
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- BS in Accounting or Finance required; CPA required; CMA/MBA a plus
- Minimum 5 years in Operations Finance and / or Cost Accounting; with emphasis on retail & supply chain on a global scale
- Successful track record of effectively interfacing with operations personnel to identify, support, and execute on value-added ideas to improve profitability
- Attention to details, strong analytical background
- Proven ability to influence cross functionally and solve complex problems
- Consumer device and NetSuite experiences are desired
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large data files
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Peloton offers cloud-based live streaming of instructional cycling exercise content on a multi-touch console equipped with social elements.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
KPMG New Zealand, Hamilton
Supervisor - Accounting Advisory Services
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo
XO Group, New York
Sr. Treasury Analyst
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Manager / Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Allbirds, Allbirds HQ