Senior Director, Software Architecture
Peloton, Santa Clara, CA
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is looking for a Software Architecture leader who will be responsible for architecture of its full software stack at the intersection of hardware, software, and backend.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Product Software Engineering, this leader will drive system architecture decisions and provide strategy and execution to fuel Peloton’s double-digit growth and market expansion. The Senior Director will serve as a transformational technical and people leader providing insights to the executive leadership team on technology advancements for full software stack, ensuring automation and process scalability is at the forefront of strategic conversations, and building and leading a world class technical team. This leader will help define and execute on the roadmap to transform Peloton’s ability to scale its capabilities across its members, partners and employees.
- Lead a team of software architects that are responsible for defining software architecture and prototyping software stack for Peloton’s hardware and software products.
- Be both a technical leader and people manager.
- Communicate cross-functionally to drive both engineering and product alignment.
- Drive closely with all partner teams to create shared roadmaps and deliver on the company vision.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for assessment and improvements.
- 10+ years of software lead/architect experience, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management
- 5 years of experience in. architecting and shipping consumer devices using Android OS with cloud software
- Experience driving end to end performance of software stack
- Experience in designing software systems with security and privacy from ground up
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Linux Kernel, Android Frameworks, Middleware, User Interface, Mobile Application Development, Backend, and Software Development Kits.
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- BS/MS in Computer science or equivalent
- Strong communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- 5 years experience in software architecture for consumer devices using Android
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.