Technical Editor, Connected Fitness Devices
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is seeking an experienced Technical Editor to lead creation and launch of user-facing documentation for connected fitness devices. This person will consider the needs of the user to effectively craft written and visual manuals that give users the knowledge they need to use and enjoy their Peloton product. They will work directly with Product Managers, Engineers, Legal, Compliance, and Creative to gather all the appropriate experience, technical, and regulatory information. They will also be responsible for ensuring final documents are approved and launched in line with the program schedule.
- Own strategic approach and implementation for documentation across a product line
- Obtain a deep product understanding to distill complex product information into clear and easy to use guides
- Write and edit user-facing content for fitness device quick start guides, user manuals, and other printed and digital materials
- Write content for internal teams, such as device assembly instructions
- Solicit and compile feedback from stakeholders
- Work closely with the Creative team to ensure document content, format, layout, and branding are taken into consideration
- Manage language translations
- Create technical illustrations (using SolidWorks Composer or other technical illustration software)
- Own documentation approvals and quarterly planning activities for your product line
- Keep documentation organized and available for stakeholders
- Meet program deadlines
- Edit other’s work and support other teams with technical information needed for purposes such as user emails, training videos, and online help articles
- Technical writing experience
- Extreme attention to detail
- Experience developing consumer-facing documentation from start to finish
- Editing experience and the ability to scrutinize your own work
- Experience with printed documentation
- Available work samples
- Experience with integrated hardware-software products
- Experience with writing for international markets
- Project management skills
- Experience working with external vendors
- Passion for consumer technology or fitness
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.