TW Product Manufacturing Engineer
Peloton, Taiwan - 25% Travel
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Product Manufacturing Engineer II/III (TW)
The Product Manufacturing Engineer will research, develop and recommend world-class manufacturing processes in conjunction with CMs, ODMs, & internally. The Product Manufacturing Engineer will gather manufacturing requirements, lead DFM/DFA activities, perform detailed analysis (cost, capacity, manpower), create/manage project timelines, lead product manufacturing and sustaining activities. Successful candidate will also generate continuous improvement ideas (cost, quality, delivery) and lead implementation of those ideas on the factory floor.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams through the stage gate process (Concept-MP), to ensure robust DFM/DFA, and manufacturing process development, ensuring scalability, providing leadership and expertise in product manufacturability
- Collaborate with Peloton partners and teams to communicate, define manufacturing and assembly requirements
- Interpret engineering drawings, understand and perform tolerance, GD&T, process analysis; Identify and communicate manufacturability and assembly concerns, risk as needed. Provide clear DFM/DFA design and process change recommendations
- Ensure product manufacturing and assembly requirements are clearly understood by manufacturing partners
- Participate in supplier, CM, ODM selection & qualification & collaborate in DFM/A activities
- Lead suppliers to establish world-class manufacturing and assembly process
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Execute process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, SPk), DOE’s and PFMEA’s
- Lead manufacturing readiness activities and process validation builds to ensure flawless launch and mass production; and solve problems efficiently to maintain project timing
- Support product sustainment and improvement activities
Education and Experience
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & manufacturing environment (NPI to high-volume MFG)
- DFM/DFA, manufacturing process development, subject matter expert
- Solid experience in precision assembly, CNC machining, fixturing, hydro-forming, welding, stamping, casting, plastic injection molding and various finishing techniques
- Experience in developing SOP’s, Value-Stream Maps, Process Maps, Lean, 5S, SPC
- Experience in high-volume electro-mechanical manufacturing a plus
- Expert-level CAD/CAM user (SolidWorks preferred)
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DAMIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of global standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Strong project management skill set: LSSGB/BB, SCRUM, PMP certification a plus
- Microsoft Office applications, Arena, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Managing large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+)
This position requires domestic and international travel. Successful candidate must be willing to travel at least 25% or more as needed.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Retail Expert
Enjoy, Dallas, TX