Engineering Manager, Database Operations
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is looking for a hands-on engineering manager to help our database engineers build and improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure.
As the manager of the Database operations team, you will work on scaling our systems, building automation, and helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience.
The ideal candidate would have experience working in database/site reliability teams, thorough incident response management skills, strong operational knowledge of PostgreSQL, AWS cloud and experience communicating with senior management. You will be expected to build strong partnerships with other engineering teams to understand and support their datastore requirements while creating a strong vision and roadmap. As a manager you also understand that you bear a responsibility towards the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time.
- Own reliability, automation, performance of business critical databases across the engineering organization.
- Setup a strong Incident response protocol within your team. Ensure incident response is within our partners SLAs and post-mortems are carried out to prevent repeating issues.
- Establish and maintain metrics to manage the availability of services and KPIs to manage your team’s performance.
- Grow a high quality engineering team through recruiting, coaching, and mentoring engineers and by holding a high quality bar for your team’s work.
- 5+ years of building, running and caring about teams of engineers, database or site reliability engineering teams strongly preferred, experience with remote teams a huge plus.
- 5+ years of experience working with databases both SQL (PostgreSQL/MySQL) and NoSQL (DynamoDB etc).
- 3-5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services and infrastructure as code, terraform strongly preferred.
- Ability to drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impacts to product experience.
- Experience programming in a language like Python, Golang, Java. You may not code daily but should have the ability to hold a code quality bar on your team.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc) a strong plus - however we welcome those with a diverse background and experience.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange