REFURB ENGINEERING MANAGER
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating products that merge high-design with modern technology to provide at-home access to live streaming and on demand fitness classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
The Refurb Engineering Manager is the “technology leader” of Peloton’s refurb processes and systems, which is designed to deliver superior performance and operational efficiency. The RE Manager supports refurb operation’s current and potential needs, and development and implementation of RE strategies. Responsible for the establishment of optional manufacturing methods and processes for the organization’s day-to-day operations. Lead and motivate a group of engineers whose primary responsibility is to define and implement complete refurb processes. Provides ongoing review of the effective utilization of equipment, production methods, equipment layout, personnel, and material flow.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Define, develop and implement a refurb engineering strategy which contributes to the refurb operations’ strategic directions.
- Set up refurb processes and lines for new products, implement and transfer the processes and lines across all refurb operations.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems, including consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or re-engineering of processes and systems.
- Utilize tools to monitor efficiency and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Recruit and build the refurb engineering team; identify team strengths and development needs; drive to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement.
- Lead equipment evaluations. Assure specification criteria meet all refurb site requirements.
Drive 5S and Lean Manufacturing in a consistent, structured manner throughout refurb operations.
- Extensive knowledge of Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering utilizing capital equipment philosophies and processes.
- Proven track record in communication, leadership, electric-mechanical process development, and change management.
- Master’s degree in IE or ME, preferred with 5+ years of related experience in the electronics manufacturing industry; 5+ years of supervisory experience.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.