Peloton is planning to build a new test lab and requires a lab manager to oversee the facility from the beginning and then successfully manage the daily operations. This role will be based in Tainan/Taichung, Taiwan, and will require domestic travel, about 20% of the time.
- Locate, design and build a reliability test lab complete with test fixtures and infrastructure
- Once the facility is built oversee the daily operations of the test lab
- Maintain test plans and schedules for on-going reliability testing of bikes, treads, and other peloton products
- Become a subject matter expert in established Peloton testing methodologies
- Improve on existing test methodology by adding hardware or software to test systems
- Author weekly (or daily, if needed) test reports, and communicate results with the team
- Develop reliability update templates to clearly convey status to the team in a repeatable way
- Correspond with the NY team. This will require morning/evening calls multiple days/week.
- Provide technical support to technicians for various testing activities
- Use of statistical modeling applied to failure rate
- Participate in the engineering change validation process
- Ensure safety protocols are followed
- Maintain lab equipment and inventory, including calibration traceability.
- Must be able to move 23 kg (50 lbs) unassisted
- Must be willing and able to travel to various test locations to support testing needs (Taichung/Tainan)
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent required. M.S. preferred
- 5+ years equivalent work experience in building, developing or operating a test lab
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin and English
- National Instruments LabVIEW certification preferred (CLAD, CLD, CLA).
- Six sigma certification preferred
- Proficient with 3D Modeling (Solidworks), Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab), Automation Skills (LabVIEW), experience with NI data acquisition systems, PLC programming experience a plus
- Ability to read/create mechanical drawing
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos