Supplier Development Site Engineer
Peloton, Tainan, Tainan, Taiwan
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Supplier Development Site Engineer will work with the Sourcing team to ensure the right suppliers' evaluation and selection in the early stage of the program. Ensure our suppliers meet Peloton’s parts development requirements, like timing, capacity and PPAP. Training our suppliers on core quality tools to minimize the risk of parts development and QOS. Manage the progression of key suppliers to achieve A level supplier and manage the deployment of the QOS process and disciplines. If there are any issues in design or manufacturing process, SDM is the bridge between the suppliers and the Peloton engineers.
- Provide new supplier evaluations and Quality data to support sourcing
- Works with Design and Manufacturing teams to conduct DFM review specially for key components
- Drive Flawless Launches at all brands (Process assessment, Capacity Planning and Verification, PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), supplier process issues resolution)
- Drive continuous improvement in manufacturing excellence throughout the supply base
- Drive deployment of Quality performance requirements, initiatives and training to supply base in SDM tools (e.g. Warranty Reduction, Benchmarking, Lean Manufacturing, Reliability and Robustness, G8D (Global 8 Disciplines) methodology, PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis), SPC (Statistical Process Control), Gage R&R (Repeatability and Reproducibility), etc.) as required
- Work with Manufacturing team to conduct supplier site readiness review and define process parameters to meet product design requirements
- Approve the FAI/PPAP reports
- For Field Service Actions: prepare field service action summary documentation, provide support on site as required.
- Support process to reduce site PPM, conducts a supplier audit to deep dive to implement systemic corrective permanent action
- Maintain Quality-related database for assigned suppliers
- Travel required: 30% or more as needed by the business
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain quality, systems and techniques management
- SDM Systems, Policies and Processes
- Analytical Skills - Statistics, Math and Problem-Solving
- Quality Planning Execution Tools (inc Six Sigma/8D)
- Manufacturing process knowledge in Casting/Forging/Machining/Plastics Molding/Injection/Stamping/Welding/Surface treatment.
- APQP/PPAP Knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing
- Fluent in English speaking and familiar with PC related skills
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.