Senior Mechanical Engineer (Taiwan)
Peloton, Taipei City
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton mechanical engineers architect, design and test hardware systems for Peloton products. This role collaborates closely with our Industrial Design, Product Management, and Operations team to concept, design and manufacture the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in product development and working with contract manufacturers.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Have full design ownership of a large or complex product subsystem or integration of several subsystems during new product development
- Direct the work of 1-2 junior/mid level engineers in support of your design work ● Create engineering specifications for fitness products and coordinate development work on mechanical subsystems
- Write and execute test plans at the design and production phases
- Troubleshoot and solve performance problems on complex engineering systems during development and for continuing product support
- Present and communicate your work to technical and business leadership ● Create and manage ECN/ECOs for updates and improvements to existing products ● Work closely with a global network of suppliers throughout Development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Demonstrate proactive collaboration with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations ● Work with drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 10-15 years mechanical design experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience leading engineering teams through New Product Development Experience doing development and production planning work with Contract Manufacturers Experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD and SW PDM
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Expertise with test and measurement tools
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including interacting with executive management Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and good time management skills
- Positive attitude and high energy!
- Experience in quality management and quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one