Are you passionate about creating technology solutions? Peloton is looking for a bright, intellectually curious, adaptable, collaborative Systems Engineer with a diverse set of skills who can thrive in a challenging and rewarding environment. As a Systems Engineer, you will work with a broad group of technology teams to design, implement, and support technology solutions such as servers, services, and platforms to scale and support rapid growth. In this role, a premium is put on partnering with others to design scalable end-to-end solutions.
The Enterprise Technology team is responsible for designing, building, and supporting solutions for our internal user community.
We are looking for an experienced IT professional to design, deploy, and manage server solutions for a business experiencing hyper-growth and expanding world-wide. The ideal candidate knows how to strike the balance between moving quickly and being diligent, and can operate effectively in a fast-paced, agile environment. The successful candidate will excel in a team environment and possess strong communication skills, while having aptitude across a wide scope of technical disciplines such as software, hardware, cloud, and networking.
You will want to work with us if you’re passionate about building awesome things!
What you’ll do:
- Design and build enterprise server solutions
- Deploy and manage fleets of Windows servers, VMware hosts, private cloud, and public cloud resources using infrastructure as code
- Design, create, and improve server fleet management tooling
- Push the team to continuously improve and expand our tooling and services with an eye towards self service, reliability, and efficiencies at scale
- Design and deploy new technology based on
- Evaluate and compare technology options mapping features and functionality to technical requirements then implement and deploy these new systems
- Build, maintain, and improve automation that manages our infrastructure as code
- Exemplify our core values of putting members first, operating with a bias for action, empowering teams of smart creatives, and embracing a “together we go far” mentality
Required Qualifications, Skills:
- 10+ years of experience with Windows server engineering, administration, and support
- 5+ years of technical experience with automation and scripting
- 5+ years of experience with VMware ESXi and vCenter
- 5+ years of experience with AWS
- Solid experience managing, monitoring, and supporting large environments
- Experience with configuration orchestration tools (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Experience with build and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience automating in a language like Python, Golang, Bash
- Experience troubleshooting connectivity and performance issues
- Experience designing and deploying AAA and/or RBAC solutions
- Experience with monitoring and reporting tools and scripts
- Solid knowledge of Networking is essential
- Experience with Platform, Site Reliability Engineering, and/or DevOps
- Experience managing fleets of Linux servers in private and/or public clouds
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with software release and security patch management (GIT) and agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience with a SIEM such as Splunk or Graylog
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience writing scripts that call APIs
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.