Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
Peloton, Secaucus, NJ
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Senior Failure Analysis Engineer will be the first addition to the newly formed FA team in our Test and Measurement Services group. This group will act as consultants working with Product Development and Sustaining teams. The internal service will review issues, providing technical feedback to help quickly identify root cause and overcome issues.
As the first addition to this team, the Senior Failure Analysis Engineer will focus on setting up practical processes and will outline equipment and space needs to serve the broader companies needs. This role will eventually report to the Engineering Manager for Test and Measurement Services, but to the Director of Test and Measurement Services in the interim.
- Support engineering teams by conducting technical investigation and accurately identifying root causes
- Provide guidance on smart capital investments strategies that allows the business to rapidly scale up its FA capability
- Operate various pieces of laboratory equipment to generate data, perform materials characterization testing, or preparation of test samples
- Issue clear technical reports and findings for specific investigations as well as informing the broader business of failure modes and future best practice by means of technical reporting and presentation materials
- When required, provide expertise on future test methods, targets and recommendations for exposure to noise factors
- Assist in day to day organization of the lab, including ordering consumables, maintenance of inventory, sample organization and tracking, etc.
- Lay the foundation for a fully in-house FA competence as a result of their knowledge, resources and documented procedure
- Build a traceable system that allows internal customers the ability to request support while providing status tracking, measures value-add to the business, demonstrates resources required, and the speed and accuracy for issue resolution.
- 7+ years of engineering experience, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience with an emphasis on Mechanical, Materials, and/or Electro/Mechanical systems
- Advanced Degree (M.S) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required, PhD preferred
- Six sigma certification preferred
- Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab)
- Ability to read and analyze mechanical and electrical diagrams
- Strong communications skills - knowledge of Mandarin is a plus
- Communication at all levels
- Strategic thinking and ability to work collaboratively to help build out processes and configure lab space
- Entrepreneurial mindset combined with technical execution
- Customer service mindset
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Help the world share their story