Director, Field Quality Engineering
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Director of Field Quality Engineering will be the senior leader of the Field Quality team within the Quality group. This role will be responsible for departmental strategy and planning - including standardization, staffing, and budgeting for the global team. This role will regularly partner with the Manufacturing and Quality teams, as well as Field Operations, Member Experience, and Product Development. This role will report to the Senior Director of Quality.
- Create a roadmap and execute to ensure ground-level support for Peloton market expansion and growth
- Own and drive metrics which provided executive leadership insight into product performance across the entire lifecycle - including return rates, defect rates, diagnosis/repair rate accuracy and success, cost of poor quality (CoPQ), and reliability rates
- Create strong relationships with cross-functional teams to drive improvement activities to resolve systemic weaknesses identified by metrics
- Facilitate and partner on the communication of customer concerns, issues, and trends to all functions
- Work closely with the International teams to drive expansion coverage and ensure in-region capabilities for tight reaction loops.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years working experience in a Manager or Senior Field Quality Role
- Demonstrated experience managing a team, setting strategy, and executing cross-functional initiatives on time
- Experience related to the following areas:
- Return/Defect Rates
- Failure Analysis methods and tools
- CLCA processes
- Previous experience in the consumer product space preferred
- Strategic thinker - Experience meeting the needs of a fast-paced, growing, and international organization.
- Clear and concise communication skills to relay strategy and execution plans to business leaders
- Lean/Six Sigma training, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Has a flexible approach to change, is able to work effectively in a variety of situations, constantly seeks improvements and is forward-looking
- Experience in a multinational environment a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.