Sr. Data Scientist, Supply Chain Analytics
Peloton, New York, New York
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Supply Chain Analytics team at Peloton is responsible for data, analytics, and predictive modeling to accelerate and optimize connected fitness growth across the supply chain. This position will drive analytics and data science models as it is related to end-to-end integration of the Peloton Supply Chain, enabling significant scale and growth for the organization. This role reports directly to the Director, Supply Chain Analytics.
As a Sr. Data Scientist, you will serve as a lead on data science projects, collaborating with program / product managers, providing prioritization of tasks, balancing workload and mentoring data scientists on the project team. This role will also present insights and recommendations to leaders and business partners and explain the benefits and impacts of the recommended solutions.
- Skillfully design and develop algorithms and models to use against large datasets to create business insights
- Effectively communicate insights and recommendations to both technical and non-technical leaders and business customers/partners
- Leverage supply chain and business knowledge to create robust solutions that drive value for the organization
- Support strategy for supply chain data and analytics transformation journey
- Perform ad hoc analysis and deep dive investigations to generate actionable insights
- Collaborate with Analytics Engineers to maintain and update ETL jobs, data models, and advanced analytical models
- Deep understanding of IT needs for the team to be successful in tackling business problem
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field
- 4-6 years of professional experience in analytics or data science fiel
- Practical experience in applied statistics and data science methodologies (e.g. data modeling and predictive analytics, multivariate regression analysis, machine learning)
- Strong experience with SQL and working with large sets of data.
- Strong experience with Python/R for data wrangling, modeling, and analyses
- Experience with data visualization products such as Looker or Tableau
- Comfortable with spreadsheet and presentation tools (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated analyses to non-technical team members
- Capable of managing multiple projects and prioritizing deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.