Director of Engineering- E-commerce Payments
Peloton, Mountain View, CA or New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Are you looking to join a rocket-ship? Are you ready to build a business that is redefining an industry and launching products that help members improve their mental and physical well being? Do you love partnering with and leading teams, obsessing over customer experience and building businesses that scale? If so, keep reading...
Peloton is looking for a Director of Engineering - E-commerce Payments who will drive the implementation of our global payments infrastructure. This leader will be responsible for hiring an expert team and execute the roadmap of innovative features by partnering with the product, finance and international teams.
In This Role, You Will:
Play a key senior technical leadership role in the organization to build out the infrastructure needed to support Peloton payments globally that expands our ability to collect payments from customers, from credit card to financing to gift cards and wallets. Evaluate new payment providers to satisfy Peloton’s global business requirements. Partner with product and finance teams to design and implement the entire payment lifecycle (purchase, financing, returns, refunds, cancelations) and also implement systems that are needed to support post purchase lifecycle. Provide thought leadership and help the teams innovate around building modern payment systems for the E-commerce domain.
- 10+ years of experience in building highly scalable software products and platforms
- 5+ years managing and leading technology teams
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Track record of technical leadership via collaboration, mentorship, and leveling up teams
- Proven experience and subject matter expertise in e-commerce payments area
- Payment middleware experience in integrating with popular payment gateways such as Stripe, Adyen, PayPal, Affirm and Klarna etc.,
- Built strong relationships with the payment system vendors, negotiate hard on contracts and keep the vendors accountable based on their SLA commitments
- You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent and helping their career development
Bonus Points If you:
- Have worked on integrating with gift cards
- Have implemented subscription / installment based payment systems
- Understand how to implement split payments with various combination of providers
- Implemented microservice based applications and experience with event-driven architecture
- Payments infrastructure experience that supports multiple countries and localization
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.