Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager- Mechanical
Peloton, Santa Clara, CA
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Senior Strategic Sourcing Managers collaborate with Engineering teams to ensure we have a high quality, cost effective supply base that is able to also deliver components to meet our production demand. As a Sourcing Manager, you will serve as the primary contact for internal teams and external partners/suppliers for sourcing and procurement. You'll identify key mechanical components, identify potential suppliers, drive DFx analysis, and build consensus cross functionally to qualify those suppliers. You'll lead and support the development, implementation and management of global strategies to provide Peloton with optimal flexibility, quality, and supply assurance. Working closely with Product Management, Hardware/ Software Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality Engineering and Operations teams, you will manage and maintain long-term supplier relationships.
- In depth knowledge of mechanical components and processes – metal stamping, extrusions, castings, forgings, welding, plastic injection molding.
- Technical knowledge of tooling, tooling standards, mechanical and manufacturing processes
- Technical understanding of raw materials, metallurgy
- Proven track record and experience driving DFx methodologies with complex mechanical assemblies
- Maintain expertise/knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape relative to mechanical commodity
- Lead robust supplier selection processes using market analysis, concise request for proposals (RFPs), data driven approach and should cost modeling.
- Lead quarterly executive business reviews presenting strategic sourcing plans that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities, SWOT analysis and strategic business objectives
- Manage all aspects of new supplier bring-up, qualification, capacity planning, cycle time, takt time, yield analysis, assurance of supply and execution to project timelines/schedules
- Skilled negotiator driving supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, warranty, IP, indemnity.
- Drive and establish sourcing process and methodologies
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations or consumer electronics environment
- 10+ years of direct experience in strategic sourcing/commodity management/global supply management
- Extensive knowledge and ME sourcing experience related to high end fitness equipment
- 7+ years of experience negotiating complex supply agreement and SOW’s; understanding of key contracting provisions/requirements
- Extensive negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. should cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Strong influencing skills and change management experience with the ability to successfully manage complexity and multiple priorities.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
The best bed for better sleep