In this role, you will:
Peloton Systems Engineering team is looking for Senior Engineers with expertise in Android framework & Android application development. In this position you will be part of the team that will work on developing solutions which integrate Application and Hardware use cases within the Android framework.
The ideal candidate will have:
The successful candidate should have deep technical skills in software engineering; experience modifying aspects of various Android framework modules, develop or enhance Android services and facilitate integration of 3rd party SDKs within Android applications. The candidate should be passionate about technology and always have the customer’s best interest in mind.
Necessary Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field with 6+ years’ experience developing and shipping software solutions in Android.
- In depth understanding of Android platform and framework internals.
- Experience with Android Java framework, Android native framework and vendor module integration.
- Experience in Android platform tools and upgrading Android OS versions (Working with Android N or O is additional plus).
- Expertize with Multimedia frameworks, connectivity around multimedia like Bluetooth, WiFi Display etc., is critical for this role.
- Expertize working with integrating 3rd party media solutions (like Spotify SDK integration) etc.,
- Technologies – Java, C, C++, Git & Gerrit.
- Methodologies – Scrum, Agile.
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked on commercially launched Android based devices (phones, tablets) and personally participated in the activity
- Understand the Android CTS, GTS and certification suites. Experience having personally executed and passed these tests on hardware devices
- Have a detailed understanding of Android logs, what purpose they serve, how to interpret them and analyzing them for failure analysis
- Understand system-level tradeoffs when implementing features and can defend your design and implementation choices when needed
- Collaborate with silicon and component suppliers to design solutions for Peloton products and also facilitate any ongoing debug and integration issues as they come up
- Can describe the difference between a short-term implementation change and long-term implementation change/fix.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Full Stack Engineer, Scala
1010data, New York
Full Stack Developer (Scala/Java)
Cerebri AI, Toronto, ON
Security Operations Engineer
GitHub, HQ - San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer - Studio Acquisition Engineering
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Backend Engineer - Access Management
Collective Health, San Francisco
Sr. Software Engineer - Data Platform
Twilio, Mountain View, CA