Director of Engineering - Interactive Services
Peloton, New York, NY or Santa Clara, CA
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Are you looking to join a rocket ship? Are you ready to build a business that is redefining an industry and launching products that help members improve their mental and physical well being? Do you love partnering with leading teams, obsessing over the customer experience and building businesses that scale? If so, keep reading.
In This Role, You Will:
Peloton is looking for a Director of Engineering - Interactive Services who will deliver cloud services that power in-class, post-class and social experiences across various Peloton products, including Bike, Bike+, Tread, Tread+, Web, TV’s and several other new existing product offerings. You will get to build and manage teams both in New York and Santa Clara. This role reports to the VP of Cloud Software Engineering.
Peloton already has 4+ million users and is adding new members daily. We are looking for a leader that can help architect and scale our services to hundreds of millions of users across our existing and new products that are yet to hit the market.
- Derive and drive the services roadmap for in-class and post-class experiences.
- You will champion collaboration across your teams to deliver high-quality, scalable services.
- You will champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement and leverage data to drive improvements.
- You take ownership of the architecture and services delivered by your team.
- You will partner with product management to negotiate pragmatic solutions that can scale.
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers across multiple geographies. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- Track record in delivering consumer-centric services, experience in media and social areas
- Experience in hiring and developing teams to work side-by-side with other teams
- Hire and develop engineers who recognize that DevOps is a part of their job responsibility; you own and operate what you build.
- Experience in building microservices capable of running in multiple cloud regions
- Cultivate strong engineering practices and processes
- BS CS/EE or equivalent practical experience with 15+ years of industry experience, of which 5+ years is in Engineering Management, with 2+ years’ experience at the Director level
- Strong technical leadership via collaboration, mentorship, and levelling up teams
- Experience with leading teams using tech stack: Java/Kotlin/Spring, Python, NoSQL databases, AWS, GraphQL, DataDog, Docker, Kubernetes.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
The best bed for better sleep