The Product Manufacturing Engineer will research, design, develop and recommend manufacturing processes internally and collaborating with CMs, JDMs, & ODMs. Manufacturing Processes will include, but not limited to assembly, CNC machining, testing, heat treating, welding, stamping, pressing, bending, plastic injection molding and finishing. The Manufacturing Engineer will gather technical requirements, support DFM/A efforts, perform detailed material cost calculations, create/manage project timelines, and oversee production launches, sustaining activities, and running product changes. The Manufacturing Engineer will also provide day to-day, hands-on manufacturing technical support for internal and external manufacturing activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering and factory teams to ensure robust manufacturing processes are established
- Communicate with ODMs, CMs, and vendors to prioritize and solve problems and understand/refine technical requirements for component manufacturing and processes
- Be the primary point of contact for manufacturing support at multiple Peloton NA manufacturing sites, Collaborating with Peloton site management, providing leadership in manufacturing activities
- Create/maintain manufacturing SOP’s, Control plans, PFMEA’s, etc.; Ensuring consistency across Peloton and partnering manufacturing sites
- Design, recommend machining and assembly, tooling, jigs, and fixtures
- Support the manufacturing change order process (ECR/MCR/ECO/MCO)
- Analyze factory capacity and capability, recommend equipment and continuous process improvements
- Create project plans and timelines to manage new and existing manufacturing projects
- Develop process and equipment specifications as needed
- Execute process qualifications, capability studies (Gage R&R, CPk), DOE’s and PFMEA’s
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Participate in supplier sourcing, down-selection, qualification, and integration of components and vendors used in Peloton’s products; collaborate with Quality team to define requirements for shipment
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- BS in an Engineering discipline desired (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); MS a plus
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on, fast paced, engineering & high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in the working with NA, Asian vendors, CMs/ODMs industry is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM (e.g. SolidWorks, AutoCAD)
- Experience in assembly, CNC machining, testing, heat treating, welding, stamping, pressing, bending, plastic injection molding and finishing
- Experience manufacturing highly cosmetic, consumer-facing products a plus
- Problem solving and corrective action skills: DOE, 8D, RedX, DMAIC, Kaizen events, etc.
- Knowledge and application of Global/International standards; ASTM, ISO, DIN, JIS, ANSI, etc.
- Value-Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Kaizen, Lean, 5S, Statistical Process Control
- Experience with MES/QMS/PLM, JIRA, Confluence, & Microsoft Office applications
- Managing large manufacturing capital projects ($2M+)
This position requires travel. Candidate must be willing to travel at least 30% or more as needed by the business.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
The project management platform built for software development teams