Software Development Engineer in Test - Manager
Peloton, Santa Clara, CA; New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
SDET Manager - Acquisition and Member Experience (E-Commerce)
Peloton's SDET team is looking for an experienced, well-rounded SDET manager to work with our e-commerce and user experience teams. We believe quality starts early in the process and that it’s every team member’s responsibility to produce high-quality products. You will work closely with SDETs, developers, product owners, program managers and designers helping teams cultivate a quality mindset, coach and advocate for great user experience while assisting teams with software testing best practices.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience working in the testing industry including experience with test automation tools for UI and API.
- Have 2+ years experience managing technical teams, and being able to lead by example.
- Have a track record of being an empathetic and servant leader with the ability to coach direct reports to enable them to grow and develop.
- Able to advise the team on current best practices and providing direction.
- Have experience in architecting and implementing test automation solutions and frameworks for complex frontend and backend systems.
- Strong understanding and capability to advocate for CI/CD workflow including experience with tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, Github actions etc.
- Have a user first mindset. Our SDETs are advocates for user experiences that delight our customers.
- Have experience working with cross-functional agile teams and delivering products, collaborating with Design, UX, Project Management, and Product Management, identifying opportunities as well as risks in cross-functional efforts.
- Provide technical testing and quality leadership to a team of up to 7 SDETs.
- Work with SDETs to understand test automation coverage, help create, implement, maintain and improve testing approaches for our web and backend products and ensure appropriate coverage across all levels of testing including unit, integration and E2E tests
- Lead the adoption of best practices in testing and in maintainability across teams.
- Be hands on in terms of writing manual and automated test cases for the features your direct reports are responsible for delivering.
- Be an advocate for testing and code quality within the engineering teams you work with and beyond.
- Be a leader in the team and foster a spirit of accountability within the people in the team.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.