Assistant Manager, Studio Facilities
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton’s Production Department operates a production studio 365 days a year to deliver both a broad offering of highly engaging subscription content and world class boutique fitness offerings to our members. We are a highly collaborative, fast-moving department that constantly focuses on evolving our innovative programming and enhancing the luxury experience for our in-studio members. The Back of House, Assistant Manager, Studio Facilities will work closely with the Back of House, Studio Facilities Manager as well as fellow studio management team to ensure all aspects of the physical studio are in perfect condition and ensure a comfortable atmosphere for members and our team, in particular managing and providing support for our Facilities Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Act as a role model and brand ambassador for Peloton
- Be an exceptional representation of the Peloton brand
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity and lead by example to influence and inspire others
- Acknowledge your team's successes and show recognition
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day of staff, scheduling and seeing that all operating policies, including service and safety are being followed
- Assist Back of House Manager of Studio Facilities in interviewing, hiring and performance reviews of Facilities Team
- Oversee, manage and train the Facilities Team
- Monitor and maintain supply inventory and place orders when necessary
- Assist with managing third party vendor relationships and on-site work
- Assist with any repairs and installations in-studio as necessary
- Document and prepare trackers and maintenance logs for team - hold team accountable for filling out trackers and completing checklists
- Ensure exceptional quality on the in-studio experience for all members and efficiently managing the Facilities team while working as studio attendant during classes
- Maintain the highest expectations of cleanliness of all studios and fitness hardware
- Work hand-in-hand with our production team to ensure the highest quality production value
- Think creatively on how to continuously improve and maximize the studio and Facilities experience
- Promote time management in between classes for a quick and efficient room turn over in between classes
- Partner with Back of House Managers to ensure Facilities equipment is working safely and appropriate tracking measures are completed
- Partner with fellow management team and assist when needed for a cohesive operational experience.
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- 2 + years experience in Facilities and Operations preferred
- College degree preferred
- Knowledgeable with the Peloton brand
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and be extremely well organized
- Exceptional communication skills
- Quick thinking and solution orientated
- Ambitious, hard-working, team-oriented and passionate about the fitness industry
- Must have outstanding computer literacy
- As this is a customer facing retail position, you will be required to work on your feet for up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation. Physical essential functions of the job also require that all employees are able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, early morning and late evening weekdays, adapting to meet the needs of the business.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.