Senior Counsel, Media Technology
Peloton, New York, NY or Plano, TX
High-energy group fitness in your living room
ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 6+ years’ experience in technology transactions to work with the Brand, Advertising and Media Legal Team to facilitate key business, media and technology functions, including with our music, product, marketing, content and brand teams. The person in this role will be responsible for advising internal clients and managing outside counsel in connection with commercial technology and media transactions, as well as contracts and projects related to brand, media platform, and intellectual property development and licensing. This position requires a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business, including its partners, members, and competitors, in order to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Negotiate and manage an array of technology and commercial agreements with an emphasis on supporting licensing, platform, and development initiatives for Peloton’s Content, Music and Production Teams, and assist with follow-on implementation projects as needed
- Advise content, music engineering, and technology teams on legal issues, opportunities, and risks, regulatory matters, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and intellectual property related to the storage, hosting, streaming and management of content
- Serve as the primary contact within the Brand, Advertising and Media Legal Team responsible for negotiating and drafting service agreements, SaaS agreements, technology licenses, enterprise software agreements and engagements for the Music Platform Team and Peloton Studios Team
- Assist the marketing teams with technology agreements as needed
- Develop and implement best practices and process improvements for various platform, content, and business audiences within and external to Peloton
- Strong working knowledge of intellectual property laws and concepts, plus a working knowledge of open source licensing and global privacy laws and best practices
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex technology agreements, enterprise software agreements, and commercial transactions in the media space
- Experience drafting content licenses and production agreements is a plus
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for working cross-functionally
- Superb organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability to collaborate with all personality types, including creatives, developers, and other entertainment industry players
- Knowledge about the technology, entertainment and media industries and related legal trends and business practices
- Engineering or computer science background is a plus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, disruptive business
- 6+ years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house practice focusing on technology transactions, media deals, and ancillary matters (in-house experience is a plus)
- Member in good standing of the NY or comparable State Bar
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Brewing up the future, today.