Senior Manager, Facilities Engineering
Peloton, Troy Township, OH
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is searching for a Senior Manager, Facilities Engineering to lead and drive the rollout of Peloton Output Park (POP), a greenfield facility in Northwest Ohio. The leader will ensure all building services meet the needs of supporting a safe & efficient facility and workforce at POP. Knowledge of all facility environmental aspects & impacts & programs to sustain a green facility are required. In this role you will be providing Management to all essential facility functions leading a department that provides Electrical and Mechanical engineering services. This leader will create a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
- Responsible for overall Plant utility costs and driving improvements to reduce consumption
- Maintain a thorough understanding of facility support systems and associated equipment, including but not limited to, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management system, and building repairs
- Plan and implement the design changes of plant, offices, and production lines in order to maximize the use of available space and improve production efficiency
- Coordinate planned facility repairs and improvements with outside contractors
- Provide scheduled inspection and repair of electrical and plumbing services
- Manage janitorial services and ensure facility is always clean
- Drive sustainability initiatives to reduce GHG for operation
- Ensure adequate catering and vending services
- Manage parking facilities and ensuring campus is well maintained (ie. Lawn care and snow removal)
- Manage HVAC contracts
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety requirements, (ie. Backflow, elevators, and scale inspections)
- Manage facility waste disposal along with zero landfill initiatives
- Maintain communication infrastructure
- Responsible for overall space in the operation while maintaining system that encompasses all plant layouts
- Maintain plant compressed air, chiller, and steam systems
- Lead and develop a team of direct reports
- Weekend/holiday work may be required do to implementation of facility projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology preferred, or an equivalent combination of academic and work experience
- 7+ years engineer and/or project management experience
- World Class Manufacturing (WCM) experience
- Outstanding people skills, with the ability to lead teams without a direct reporting relationship
- A self-starter with excellent project management skills and the ability to support a 24-hour operation
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Good understanding of work balance between people and production processes
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the plant
- Strong knowledge of building codes and safety requirements
- Knowledge of engineering principles for building design, machine design and installation, hydraulic/pneumatic design and installation
- Excellent prioritization and project development skills
- Familiar with local, state, and federal industrial codes
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.