Peloton is on the hunt for a well-rounded Creative Director (copywriter) to help lead a high function cross-discipline creative team. This is a perfect opportunity for a confident and personable Director with several years of leading creatives for a product and software consumer brand. The ideal candidate has experience across both digital and print mediums but has deeper experiences in the digital landscape having proven examples of large scale integrated 360 marketing campaigns and brand voice development for a consumer product family. A perfect fit would be a creative who has experience working within an agency as a senior lead/ACD/CD copywriter with equal experience developing teams within an organisation. They will be passionate about writing and their craft, and help to develop the brand's tone of voice across all communications.
This role reports directly to the Senior Creative Director of International Creative. We will look to this role to ensure the creative team is constantly delivering great thinking, attention to detail, and all-around amazing work for the Peloton brand across International markets. Day to day responsibilities will range from meeting with brand and marketing teams to understand their needs and requirements to working with the creative team to define, execute, and refine a creative vision. This is a hands-on role which would require the need for individual creative development from time to time.
Based at our London HQ, this role will lead our Senior Copywriter managers for each market, currently consisting of UK, German and Australian writers. The Copy Director will be responsible for forward planning, the vision and strategy for setting up our copy team for success as we continue to grow and scale global creative. They will build a creative partnership with the Associate Creative Director, working collaboratively and owning individual projects also.
- Manage, mentor, and inspire a team of writers across all our current and future International markets
- Work with the Localisation team and Creative Ops to help improve transcreation and localisation processes for specific markets
- Guide agencies and partners on large scale integrated marketing campaigns and strategic initiatives
- People manage the senior writers for UK, DE and AUS and mentor them for their individual teams
- Work directly with brand, acquisition and retention marketing organisations to understand their needs, and then translate them into direction that the team can successfully execute
- Help strategise new opportunities and improvements for advertising across various channels from paid social, email, landing pages, and more
- Continually help to define processes to effectively deliver quality creative in high paced environment
- Understand and promote contemporary design, leveraging style, function, and motion
- Evolve advertising communications on an ongoing basis to improve acquisition marketing performance
- Present creative to teams in a clear and compelling manner
- 9+ years of experience as a Copywriter or Creative Director, 3+ within an agency environment. Both agency and brand-side experience is preferred
- Has lead projects and the writers working on those projects
- Has experience presenting ideas and enjoys doing it
- Has managed stakeholder expectations
- Great communication skills
- Likes long bulleted lists
- Self-motivated and doesn't wait to be told what to do
- Doesn't take themselves too seriously (we are a casual bunch)
- Comfortable bringing your point of view into a discussion
- Never satisfied with the work you produce and are still hungry after years in the industry
- Has managed and mentored the careers of a team of diverse writers
- Bilingual is a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare