Director of Global Security Incident Response & Threat Intelligence
Peloton, New York, NY OR Remote
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton inspires and motivates millions of people everyday. A key part of delivering on that mission is not only an amazing experience that our instructors and platforms provide, but also the data, telemetry, and insights that empower our customers to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Earning and maintaining our customers’ trust and safeguarding their data is key to everything we do.
The Director of Global Security Incident Response & Threat Intelligence is responsible for identifying and remediating emergent cyber threats to Peloton’s products, services, and infrastructure. They are ultimately responsible for incident response leadership and coordination for product and enterprise cyber security incidents. The candidate will drive Incident Response across Peloton and serve as the Sr. Leader accountable for augmenting and integrating detection and remediation capabilities into its operations.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Information Security, the candidate will work multiple and diverse teams across Peloton including, but not limited to Legal, Corporate Communications, Engineering, and Executive staff in high pressure situations. They will coordinate the actions of each and ensure collectively we are working as “one peloton” to protect our customers and ultimately the company.
The Director of Global Security Incident Response & Threat Intelligence will work with external partner companies and government agencies to build threat intelligence pipelines and collaborate our mutual efforts to counteract the identified risks. They will partner closely to augment our Security Operations Center and Security Automation Team’s capabilities and manage red team efforts to uncover new potential threats.
They oversee internal investigations related to unauthorized access or dissemination of data and work with Legal and People and practices teams to share findings and forensic evidence.
The role plays a critical function in constantly evolving Peloton’s security development lifecycle. It owns the company’s Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure program and is responsible for addressing externally identified vulnerabilities in our products and services and driving key learnings and insights to improve their future resilience.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader that has led remediation efforts in high profile / high impact cyber security incidents. They have extensive experience collaborating with the external security research community, leading product engineering remediation efforts to their reports, and cultivating durable relationships with external agencies and companies to produce high quality threat intelligence.They are a proven people leader and have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to scale through the efforts of others by building a high performing and diverse team.
- Ensure the development of robust alerting and reporting mechanisms to potential cyber threats.
- Oversee and augment product and enterprise security response operations.
- Drive key findings and root cause analysis improvements with key senior leadership across the company.
Brief executive leaders on potential emergent threats and ongoing efforts to resolve active cyber security incidents and investigations.
- Work with platform and security engineering leadership to interactively improve Peloton’s Security Development Lifecycle investments.
- Mature and oversee Peloton’s Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure and vulnerability reporting / incentivization programs.
- Build and lead an efficient team with a strong emphasis on talent management and career development.
- Identify strategic investments and initiatives that blunt the actions of internal and external threat actors and disrupt the cyber kill-chain.
- 10+ years of work experience in leading security incident meetings, dividing responsibilities and influencing key stakeholders to resolve high impact security incidents.
- 5+ years of experience with intrusions analysis and security incident response of APT’s broad-based cyber threats.
- 10+ years of experience working with product security teams to drive engineering remediations to externally identified threats and vulnerabilities.
- Extensive experience and strong understanding of multiple forms of Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) and corresponding capabilities to detect and alert on them.
- Extensive experience with Security Response frameworks and organizational models.
- Exceptional knowledge of the external security community’s culture and mindset.
- Excellent relationship building skills across diverse cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills.
- Extensive experience in building high performance and diverse cross functional teams.
- Exceptional bias for action and ownership.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Brewing up the future, today.