The Metrology Technician is an important role on Peloton's Quality Team. This newly created position will be a vital part in partnering with the Metrology Senior Engineer, calibrating and measuring instruments, test equipment and analyze their performance. This Technician will ensure that the evaluated equipment meets requirements for precision, performance, and accuracy on all current and future Peloton products.
- Perform complete inspection of parts or assemblies using appropriate measurement equipment (CMM, PCMM (ScanArm), and other technology)
- Create measurement programs using a metrology software for investigations requests SPC
- Perform measurements using basic metrology equipment (surface plate, height gages, calipers, micrometers, bore gages, etc..)
- Subject matter expert for determining the correct measurement equipment for a specification.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs.
- Seek out and evaluate new measurement equipment for possible lab capability expansion.
- Ability to quickly identify quality issues, problem solve, and make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage workload and expectations while reporting to the corresponding metrology engineer.
- Keep organized records of metrology equipment inventory and maintenance schedules including calibration records.
- Own lab cleanliness and safety including implementing good practice.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs unassisted.
- At least 2 years as a Quality or Metrology Technician is required.
- Experience in Parts inspection is preferred.
- Usage of measurement equipment MM, PCMM (ScanArm), and other technology
- At least 1 type of Metrology Software required: PolyWorks, Calypso, PC-DMIS, or GOM
- Experience in a lab space is preferred.
- Basic Metrology Equipment (surface plate, height gages, caliper, micrometers, etc.)
- Creation of inspection programs for 3D measurement equipment (ScanArms and CNC-CMM)
- Interpretation of engineering drawings and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Basic Microsoft Office and Google Suite experience is preferred.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one