Our e-commerce engineers build software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio.
As Peloton grows, we are looking for experienced full stack software engineers to join the International EComm team to help build highly available and performant systems to support our growing portfolio of products.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce platform while working on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with other engineers and product managers to build, integrate and evolve key components of the architecture that supports our core e-commerce functionality.
- Design and implement software components to facilitate integration with front end applications, Translation engines and Content Management systems.
- Help to evolve our e-commerce platform by promoting engineering best practices.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability and internationalization.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming and leading white boarding solutions, team discussions, and task breakdown.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ in the financial services industry, e-commerce, credit card and payment related product operations.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changed environment.
- Analytical and creative problem solver, with the flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Good understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Deep understanding of at least one backend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, or similar.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience working on localisation platforms (e.g Smartling or Similar)
- Have experience working on CMSs (e.g Contentful or Similar)
- Have experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways and/or enterprise middlewares.
- Have experience integrating and deploying to managed cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP).
- Have experience with microservices architecture and the backend-for-frontend pattern.
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have experience with or knowledge of TDD, DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
The best bed for better sleep