Test and Reliability Engineer
Peloton, Taichung, Taiwan
High-energy group fitness in your living room
**Please note that this role will be based in Taichung**
The Test and Reliability Engineer will be working with the Peloton Hardware Design and Operations teams to manage our new product qualification testing and on-going reliability testing in a fast-growing global fitness business. You will manage projects, troubleshoot, innovate, and make decisions to help Peloton ensure quality and safety as we continue to innovate our product offerings. You are an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
Role and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain test plans and schedules for new product development and sustaining engineering activities.
- Perform product validation and verification with off-the-shelf testing equipment as well as custom built machinery.
- Design, build, and automate custom test rigs/fixtures to interact with various pieces of exercise equipment.
- Write test reports, communicate results with the team.
- Correspond with NY based team and Taiwan with test reports and status updates. Will require morning/evening calls. Excellent communication skills (Taiwanese Hokkien a plus).
- Provide technical support to technicians for various testing activities , including standardizing test procedure.
- Use six sigma tools for root cause/failure analysis.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and prioritize work queues.
- Monitor and implement test processes and data flow.
- Ensure safety protocols are followed.
- Maintain lab equipment and inventory.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years equivalent work experience. The candidate must have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. M.S. preferred.
- National Instruments LabVIEW certification preferred (CLAD, CLD, CLA). Six sigma certification preferred.
- 3D Modeling (Solidworks) ,Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab), Automation Skills (LabVIEW), experience with NI data acquisition systems, PLC programming experience a plus. Ability to read/create mechanical drawings.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.
Tech Jobs For You
Solutions Architect, Top Security Clearance Required - Profess...
GitHub, Remote - US (Washington D.C.)