Senior Director, Strategic Planning
Peloton, New York, NY
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is looking for a Senior Director, Strategic Planning to lead our strategic long-range and annual planning processes. Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Corporate Development, you will work cross-functionally to help shape the near- and long-term strategy for the business! The Strategic Planning function sits within Peloton’s broader Strategy, Corporate Development, and M&A team.
- Build an outstanding strategic planning field at Peloton, improving upon existing processes and structure
- Build, maintain, and own positive relationships with executives across the entire business
- Lead Peloton's long-term, mid-term, and annual strategic planning processes, drawing perspective from the full leadership team and integrating all functional areas to define a single agenda for the company
- On an annual basis, quarterback the evolution of the company’s vision and long-term key objectives, working hand-in-hand with the executive team
- Structure, plan and lead highly effective leadership and executive team strategy offsites throughout the year
- Set the annual planning calendar; collaborate with PMO and FP&A to ensure timelines work seamlessly with the operational planning and budgeting processes
- Run company-wide process to effectively set the prioritized cross-functional Strategic Initiatives List for the year, ensuring initiatives are appropriately sized, prioritized, and resourced prior to contributing to execution
- Lead monthly Strategic Plan Steering Committee to facilitate Strategic Initiatives reviews and re-prioritization throughout the year; partner with PMO to lead quarterly reviews and resolve any official changes to the annual plan
- Act as a trusted advisor to business leads, providing critical insights, guidance & recommendations as they design and execute their strategic plans; provide perspective on challenging strategic opportunities to resolve ideal decisions
- Partner with peers on the Strategy team to determine key questions and initiative proposals require analysis and research prior to offsites
- Study the competitive landscape and make strategic recommendations for Peloton’s long-term growth strategy based on industry trends and insights
- On occasion, participate in Peloton board meetings and support team leadership with board material creation
- 10+ years of proven experience, MBA preferred
- Prior strategic planning experience is required from either a world-class management consulting firm or internal corporate strategy role; experience at a D2C subscription company is a plus
- Experience in setting strategic roadmaps, ideally at a corporate level
- Highly organized and experienced in managing multiple cross-functional large-scale work streams at once
- Strong business acumen and strategic approach, with an ability to think across a broad system, refine questions, and develop analytical frameworks
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization
- Excellent strategic problem solving and analytical skills
- Superior verbal and written communicator
- Great attention to detail and self-motivation
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and Google Suite (Slides, Sheets, Docs)
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid