The Refurb Engineering Manager is the “Technology Leader” of Peloton’s refurb processes and systems, which is designed to deliver superior performance and operational efficiency. The Refurb Manager supports refurb operation’s current and potential needs, and development and implementation of RE strategies. Responsible for the establishment of optional manufacturing methods and processes for the organization’s day-to-day operations. Lead and motivate a group of engineers whose primary responsibility is to define and implement complete refurb processes. Provides ongoing review of the effective utilization of equipment, production methods, equipment layout, personnel, and material flow.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define, develop and implement a refurb engineering strategy which contributes to the refurb operation’ strategic directions.
- Set up refurb processes and lines for new products, implement and transfer the processes and lines across all refurb operations.
- Establish and confirm part master, tool, equipment, and production supplies to support and sustain refurb operation needs
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems, including consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or re-engineering of processes and systems.
- Utilize tools to monitor and review quality, efficiency and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Recruit and build the refurb engineering team; identify team strengths and development needs; drive to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement.
- Lead equipment evaluations. Assure specification criteria meet all refurb site requirements.
Drive 5S and Lean Manufacturing in a consistent, structured manner throughout refurb operations.
- Extensive knowledge of Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering utilizing capital equipment philosophies and processes.
- Proven track record in communication, leadership, electric-mechanical process development, and change management.
- Master’s degree in IE or ME, preferred with 5+ years of related experience in the electronics manufacturing industry; 5+ years of supervisory experience.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos