About the role: The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will be focused on our APAC component supply. This position is critical for ensuring the delivery of quality components from established suppliers and developing new suppliers to meet Peloton quality requirements. As the main technical interface between Peloton and our APAC component suppliers, you will be responsible for driving problem solving accountability (8Ds), reviewing and approving implementation of process/part changes, and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. You will also be the responsible escalation point for internal and field concerns regarding component quality. As an individual you are independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment to protect and improve product quality.
- Provide supplier quality planning support for new supplier onboarding, including auditing and evaluation
- Educate/assist suppliers in Peloton quality assurance expectations and best practices
- Provide part lifecycle support including PPAP development support and approval, process audits to ensure continued control and compliance.
- Align the inspection process, fixtures and escalation plans during the transition of parts from development into mass production with the component part suppliers and our final assembly factories
- Support suppliers with executing engineering changes and requalification as well as the qualification of new or additional tools or sub suppliers
- Coordinate disposition and cost recovery for non-conforming material from suppliers
- Drive supplier root cause analysis and corrective actions (8D) and validate results ensuring proper closed-loop corrective action process
- Report weekly on defect rate and quality issues
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities to drive improved part design, cost reduction, and yield improvement
- At least 4 years of experience working as a supplier quality engineer in a similar fast-paced industry ● Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in robust supplier quality enforcement and support, including APQP familiarity, PPAP familiarity, 8D
- Robust understanding of 2D drawings and GD&T
- Experience with CAD tools (Solidworks knowledge is a plus)
- Lean/Six Sigma, Green or Black Belt a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to identify bottlenecks in a process and drive improvement
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid