Sr. Director, Head of Procurement Engineering
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The Sr. Director, Head of Procurement Engineering drives all procurement engineering activities for Peloton Interactive, including leading Peloton’s global procurement engineering group. This procurement engineering leader owns the strategic cost management of all of Peloton’s products and accessories, ensuring bottoms-up cost adherence to the specified cost target across their lifecycles.
- Lead Peloton’s global procurement engineering group, acting as the strategic cost management leader for the company.
- Improve the company’s product cost competitiveness through the product lifecycle. Key measures may include YoY cost reduction, cost funnel management development, product complexity reduction, and/or SKU optimization activities.
- Develops value engineering, cost engineering, and DfX certification programs to educate & train product development personnel with Peloton to develop & sustain products from a total cost of ownership (TCO) perspective.
- Partner with suppliers and engineering in optimized component selection and design via value engineering activities such as:
- competitive teardowns/reverse engineering
- should cost/clean sheet models
- concept scoping
- spider mapping/feature tradeoff analysis.
- Own all associated cost engineering activities to converge the bottoms-up cost curve to product cost, maximizing the total cost of ownership across the product lifecycle
- Conduct value-stream mapping exercises to optimize supply network lead time, total cost, and network flexibility.
- Lead cross functional DfX activities, including cost, quality, supply chain, manufacturing, and serviceability
- Drive the sourcing SPOR (supplier plan of record), ensure components are sourced by commodity mgmt. and JDM/ODM on time, on cost, and on spec.
- Manage the CAPEX throughout NPI, leveraging necessary cost engineering activities to ensure best-in-class cost
- Complete the BOM risk assessment analysis, include the need for alternate component sourcing, supply chain risks, etc.
- Reduce complexity across products & platforms, including SKU rationalization, component commonality, supplier rationalization
- Proven leadership in driving and influencing other teams to a common goal.
- A strategic thinker who possesses extensive experience leading procurement engineering, advanced sourcing, value engineering, and cost engineering groups in large multi-national companies.
- 15+ years of experience, ideally with backgrounds with:
- designing & developing either electronics and/or mechanical devices
- advanced sourcing activities, including stints as commodity/sourcing managers
- manufacturing, quality, and/or industrial engineering
- Products under management in excess of $500M in COGS.
- Domain expertise must include product-based value engineering, cost engineering, and TCO-related work at both a component & a product level.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree or MBA strongly preferred.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.