Sr. Material Program Manager
Peloton, Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
High-energy group fitness in your living room
The senior materials program manager will own the end-to-end material program management of all products within a select ODM/JDM partner, across the entire product lifecycle. This leader will be responsible for the select ODM/JDM partners’ component planning, allocation direction, supply flexibility modeling, product capacity/flexibility, and materials liability, which ultimately ensuring we have “clear-to-build” production plan for all products under the ODM/JDM partner’s management.
- Owns clear-to-build production plan for products of a select ODM/JDM partner, from product development to product end-of-life. This includes the material program management of EVT (engineering verification phase), DVT (design verification phase), PVT (production verification phase), to MP (mass production)
- Partner with demand, supply planning and inventory management groups to ensure there is a clear alignment across our demand plan, our supply plan, and our production plan, while at the same time optimizing the products’ inventory level despite the seasonality effects of consumer devices.
- Ensure the select ODM/JDM can meet supply plan volume via its published production plan. This includes:
- Drives component availability for all products under ODM/JDM management, regardless of current component market conditions, by partnering closing with the sourcing team, the ODM/JDM management team, and the ODM/JDM where appropriate.
- Drive BOM flexibility and capacity, at both component & product level.
- Create clear BOM allocation strategies for constrainer materials, by developing models across different products, ODM/JDMs, and internal factories.
- Identify E & O and other material risk, recommend critical course of action to leadership, and own the efforts to mitigate liability to the business.
- Develop strategic roadmap for the phase‐out of obsolete parts and new product materials.
- Prepare and communicate critical Materials updates at weekly Program reviews & Supply consensus reviews; maintain executive reports and summaries, providing accurate and timely data to leadership on a weekly basis.
- 10+ years of experience in supply chain, materials management, strategic sourcing, and ODM/JDM management.
- Advanced modeling and predictive analytical skills; preferably advanced MS Excel/Google sheets user.
- Domain expertise with Asian ODM/JDM/EMS management & product development processes.
- Familiar with consumer electronics product development cycle and mass production challenges
- Strong understanding and experience working in Taiwan/China/Southeast Asia.
- Chinese language proficiency a requirement.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
The best bed for better sleep